With its roots traced back to over 3,500 years ago, Acupuncture has become one of the go-to treatments for pain management throughout the world. It’s a well-known branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and includes the use of super-thin needles, heat, and pressure to key points in the body to help balance the qi or chi (positive life forces). The main ideology behind this branch of medicine is that imbalances in the body’s life force lead to a myriad of health problems that can only be addressed by putting them back in balance.
How does acupuncture work to relieve pain?
According to TCM, our body’s life force flows through pathways that are known as meridians and by accessing certain points on these pathways, you can reset the balance of your qi and chi. There are approximately 350 points in the body that allow you to access different meridians that can help with pain management!
Studies conducted by the National Institute of Health all indicate that acupuncture is great for managing chronic pain, with patients having seen cast improvements in their condition. Interestingly, practitioners of western medicine believe that the reason why acupuncture works has everything to do with neuroscience. They believe that accessing certain nerve points in the body helps stimulate natural painkillers and healing. Now, whether it’s neuroscience that’s enabling acupuncture to help you, or it’s the balance of your life force, there’s no denying that this is a treatment that genuinely works!
What can acupuncture be used for?
While acupuncture offers a vast range of health benefits like low or high blood pressure, peptic ulcers, morning sickness, chemotherapy induced nausea, and so much more, it is mainly recognized for its role in pain management. If you suffer from any sort of chronic pain in your body, you can stop relying on over-the-counter or prescription painkillers and turn to a far more natural way to gain relief.
Acupuncture has been proven to be highly effective for the following types of pain:
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Migraines and headaches
- Knee pain
Why should you rely on acupuncture techniques rather than medicinal painkillers?
While pondering over their pain management plan, many people wonder why they should even give acupuncture a chance. If you’re wondering the same, know that there is a myriad of benefits that this treatment offers when compared with medicinal painkillers. Some of these are:
- The treatment is organic: This means that you do not have to rely on chemical-laced medicines in order to treat your pain. You can simply let nature do the work for you by stimulating your own body’s natural healing systems.
- There is no scope for dependency on painkillers: This is an extremely important point to consider as, often, prescription painkillers that are used for chronic pain can be quite addictive. Addition is a dangerous path to tread on, and acupuncture lets you nip the problem right in the bud.
- There are little to no side effects of acupuncture: Did you know that prolonged use of certain painkillers can eventually damage your liver and other body parts? This risk is entirely eliminated by choosing to get acupuncture instead of taking pills.
- It also minimizes the risk of allergies: Some patients are allergic to ingredients that are commonly used in painkillers, which makes the use of the same completely out of the question. Acupuncture relies on needles and heat and unless you are allergic to any of these things, you can stop worrying about your body having an odd reaction!
- You can combine this with other treatments: Many patients use acupuncture to combat chemotherapy induced nausea and pain, and are able to gain a lot of relief by doing so. More often than not, even if you are undergoing a different treatment, you can still go use acupuncture techniques to manage your pain. Of course, you should always confirm the same with your doctor before embarking on any treatment course!
- It is completely safe: Now, the idea of acupuncture may sound terrifying on paper, but the reality is that it is totally safe.
What are the risks associated with acupuncture with needles?
There isn’t a single form of therapy or treatment in the world that is risk-free, and this includes acupuncture. As most sessions involve the use of needles to access meridians, the following are the risks associated with the same:
- If you take blood thinners or have a bleeding disorder, the use of needles can prove to be deadly.
- You can experience soreness, bleeding, and bruising at the site where the needles are inserted.
- Using unsterilized needles can lead to many infections.
- If the needle is not inserted properly, you can end up damaging an internal organ. You also run the risk of collapsing a lung.
We know exactly how you can enjoy the benefits of acupuncture with ZERO RISKS – Use TheraPen!
None of the risks mentioned above are things that you should take lightly, however, does that mean that you cannot avail the benefits of acupuncture at all? Of course not! With TheraPen, a revolutionary product that’s meant to stimulate your meridians without the use of needles, you can kiss these dangers goodbye!
TheraPen works by releasing an electrical pulse into the muscle, thereby stimulating it and providing pain relief. The process is incredibly simple – all you have to do is place the pen against your skin and press a button. It’s also painless!
TheraPen comes with 4 different massaging heads that you can use on different parts of your body. It also comes with a booklet that details how and where you should use the pen to get the best out of it. With no side effects or the hassles of making appointments at acupuncture clinics, TheraPen is safe, convenient, and the perfect answer for people looking to manage their chronic pain!
Click here to get yours 60% off for a limited time!